Monday 5 April 2010

The Owl and the Pussy Cat - Episode 3

Now that I've posted stuff about the previous OaPC animations, I can start putting up work for the episode I am currently working on!

I seem to be following a weather trend with these animations so far. First snow, now fog! (I had even storyboarded up one for rain...) But anyway here are the storyboards for ep 3.






















Here I'm trying to do a little more with the camera. the first 2 animations have a very planar shot throughout (with the exception of the long shot at the end of ep 2).. Here I'm putting together a bit of a pan (hopefully) and some fast close up shots. I'll experiment a bit more with interesting camera angles in another episode where the content calls for it.

Another thing which will be fun to play with are the foggy tendrils I have wafting around the scene... potentially incredibly time consuming to animate, but if I get it right then they should look really nice! Also I intend on trying a little more with the water, possibly try making it slightly transparent and with less of a hard edge against the other elements.
Oh, and there'll be a re-design of the boat too!! It was starting to look too simple and block shaped against the increasing complexity of everything else!


Next step: I'll be working up key panels in the storyboard to determine the colour pallet, layout etc of each shot, so stay tuned

No comments:

Post a Comment