Monday 22 June 2020

Pet Portraits - More Maisie the Lab

Hey there Everyone!

Hope you all had a good week and are keeping yourselves occupied whilst Lockdown continues!

I've reached a new stage in what we call the "New Normal"...
The shop where I work part-time re-opened it's doors on the 15th June along with many other non-essential retailers. We've opened with reduced staff numbers so although myself and a few others are back to work, about half of the staff remain on furlough in order to maintain social distancing in our small store. This means that although my contract is part-time I'm now working full time hours!
This first week back has been quite a shock to the system, as we're not only adjusting to returning to work for long hours but also to enforcing the new safety measures customers and staff are required to adhere to.

On top of all this, Dan and I welcomed home a new member of our family on Saturday 13th!

co
This golden haired bundle of cuteness is our 8 week old, male Labrador puppy called Lupin!
We've created an Instagram account for him, so if you'd like to see how he's settling in in his first week home, and keep up with his adventures, give him a follow!
@Lupin_thelabrador 

With all of this going on I've been delayed in posting this next pet portrait in this little series commemorating the beloved Maisie.

So from one lab to another here's that beautiful old girl in her second pet portrait.

 

This portrait, like the others, is A4 in size and coloured using colouring pencils.
If you missed the first portrait you can check it out here!

I'm going to be taking limited commission requests while I am working full-time and also caring for my young pup. If you are interested in commissioning me at this time please take into consideration that your original art could take longer than usual to complete, especially if you intend to give it as a gift for a birthday or anniversary.
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment