Monday 8 June 2020

Pet Portraits - In memory of Maisie the Labrador

Morning Everyone!

The other week I was asked if I could draw a series of portraits of the beloved black Labrador, Maisie.

Maisie had actually featured on this blog once before, many years ago, with her best pal Sunny. They were in fact one of the first pet portraits I'd ever done!! (click here to check it out)
So when her human told me that unfortunately Maisie had been ill for a little while I was both touched and honoured to help build a lasting memory of this special pup!

Sadly, the day that I completed this portrait Maisie passed away...
This makes this portrait, and the ones to follow, even more special. Though I never met Maisie I felt that I knew her, I grew up with Labs and have a huge fondness for the breed.

Thank you very much Lucie and family for asking me to draw these for you guys, I really feel your loss and am immensely touched to be the one commemorating her in these portraits. 

Goodbye Maisie, you will be sorely missed!



This portrait is A4 in size and coloured traditionally using colouring pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment