Thursday 21 March 2019

Themed Portrait - Cheers

For Valentine's day this year I was commissioned to do this really fun piece!

For those of you who aren't familiar with my other work, here's some context to explain the idea behind this commission. So along with MULP: Sceptre of the Sun, an anthropomorphic pulp adventure comic published by Improper Books, I also illustrate a semi-autobiographical comic which was also anthropomorphised! This comic is called Paws for Thawt!

Paws for Thawt is a slice of life comic, taking scenes and moments I've experienced with people I know but casting them as animal characters! It became quite a fun exercise to cast my friends and family as animals that best suit their personalities and a good few people joined in the fun!

Including Malwina and Ben! Here we see them as their chosen anthropomorphised characters, an Otter and a Giraffe, toasting each other with their favourite beverages at a swanky bar.




This commission is A4 portrait in size and coloured using Copic Markers.

If you'd like to learn more about my other work mentioned in this post you can check out MULP: Sceptre of the Sun here where you can read free previews of each issue: mulpcomic.com
and you can read all of Paws for Thawt here: pawsforthawt.tumblr.com

If this has inspired you to join in and cast yourself as an animal that suits your personality, get in touch and I can make it happen! sara-dunkerton@hotmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment