Wednesday 26 May 2021

Pet Portraits - Bolin and Asami

 Morning Everyone!

Sorry for being a bit quiet on here recently! 
I've been meaning to share this commission with you all for a while but work has been getting in the way. But, I assure you, it's worth the wait!

I don't know if any of you recall a themed pet portrait I did waaaaaaay back in 2017!!?
I was commissioned by our pal Tom Curry to draw his friend's pet cats; Mako and Bolin, as their Fire and Earthbending namesakes from the Legend of Korra, sequel series to Avatar the Last Airbender.
Okay, it was 4 years ago. I won't blame you if you don't remember, so click right here to check it out!

So 4 years later (having binged all of Avatar the Last Airbender during Lockdown, and now currently watching Legend of Korra myself!) I was approached by Tom's friend to draw an updated portrait of their Avatar cats!
Now I'm all clued up on the lore I was so psyched to have another go at drawing these guys! Sadly I learnt that poor Mako passed away, however Bolin is not on his own as little Asami has joined the family.
Without further ado; here's your boy Bolin, showing off his Earthbending skill, and introducing Asami for the first time, with her lightning gauntlet!




This portrait is A4 landscape and coloured using Copic Markers!

Do you have a pet named after your favourite fictional character or person? Would you like to see them drawn as their namesake? Get in touch and I could draw a portrait like this for you!



No comments:

Post a Comment