Thursday 8 April 2021

Pet Portraits - Jess the Chocolate Lab

 Hey Everyone,

How are we all doing? 
Did you all have a good Easter Holiday!? 

Apologies for not posting for a little while, despite living that lockdown hermit lifestyle I managed to pick up a rotten lurgy! Nothing serious, just your average garden variety seasonal cold! Since I'd been furloughed most of last year and wearing masks when around others, this was actually the first time I've been ill at all since October 2019! But as a result it really knocked me for six and I had to take a week to recover. I'm pretty much at 100% now though and looking forward to being able to see friends and family for socially distanced outdoor gatherings!
I've seen plenty of people enjoying picnics in the park with their loved ones now that outdoor gatherings are allowed, it was glorious weather for it too! Typical now I'm over this cold the weather has turned again!

Anyway, back to today's post!
I'm sharing a commemorative portrait which was commissioned as a Mother's Day gift for Julia by her daughter. Jess the Chocolate Lab, a gorgeous old gal and beloved friend, is sadly no longer with us however she will forever be remembered in this portrait.

Jess's portrait is A4 in size and coloured in a traditional style using coloured pencils.

Thank you so much Julia for getting in touch to share your sentiments when you received this Mother's Day gift, it's so lovely to directly hear from people who are gifted these commissions! And thank you Rachel for commissioning me, you know I have a soft spot for Labradors! I apologise it's taken a while to get her posted up!

If you or a loved one have a beloved pet they'd like to see commemorated in a portrait such as this, then please get in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment