Monday 17 June 2019

Pet Portraits - Beautiful Bess

Good Morning everyone!

I've had a couple of commissions come through with very similar themes, the one I will be sharing with you today was an utter pleasure to draw.

Bess the spaniel was the beloved pet of Anne and Brian, who lost her quite suddenly on the 1st June. I was asked to commemorate her through a traditional pencil portrait, and what a beautiful girl she was!

Goodbye Bess, you will be sorely missed by your whole family.


This portrait is A4 in size and done using colouring pencils.

If you also have a beloved pet you would like to have a lasting memorial of, then please drop me an email: sara-dunkerton@hotmail.com


2 comments:

  1. You're such a talented artist, Sara! I really wish you updated your blog more so we could get to see some more awesome portraits from you :)

    These are - and I'm not exaggerating - some of the most detailed pet portraits I've seen to this date. You're amazing at what you do. Great work!

    I'm a pet portrait artist myself but I'm not anywhere near as good as you.

    I salute you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! That's really lovely of you to say so! :)
      I'd love to see some of your work, do you have a website or blog?
      xx

      Delete