Friday 24 August 2018

MULP: Sceptre of the Sun Issue #5 Progress


Hey MULP fans!

If you saw one of my previous posts you'll know that lately life has been keeping me rather busy!
For those of you who missed that then the gist of it was that I've gone and bought a house, moved, started a new job, turned 30, had my Macbook break down on me and got it repaired!! Phew!

Unfortunately this has meant that progress on the final issue of MULP has been fragmented in the snatched moments when my studio wasn't packed up in boxes and while my laptop was working!



However I have some sneak peeks and updates for those anticipating the conclusion to our mousey adventure!

All 23 pages of issue #5 are pencilled and inked! The images which are scattered throughout this post show various work in progress sneak peeks taken throughout the inking process. These were posted up along with a few more on my instagram, so be sure to give me a follow if you want to stay updated!



Not only has all the traditional work for this issue been completed, but since my laptop got repaired I've been cracking on with the colouring stages too!

As some of you may know, MULP is actually coloured digitally using photoshop!
The pencils and inks are inks are drawn traditionally then scanned into Photoshop. Next I apply the background textures, these are several paper/paint textures blended and layered together underneath the inks, to create the base palette for each page.

In fact, this is how the full Issue #5 is currently looking!
(but with the ink layers turned off to avoid spoilers!)


These background textures are essentially my (not so flat) flats, which I then use as a base to digitally paint in the details.

If you're interested in my colouring process and would like to know in more detail what it takes to create a page of MULP, you can find a two part step by step guide of how I created the cover for MULP #1!

How I Make Comics, part 1

How I Make Comics, part 2




For the next few weeks or so I will be attempting to make fast progress on completing the colouring for this, the last issue of MULP: Sceptre of the Sun!

Be sure to keep and eye out on my social media for sneaky peeks and works in progress throughout the colouring process!

You can find me on:
Instagram
Twitter
Facebook
Tumblr

Watch this space for more MULP news, reviews and updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment