Thursday 30 October 2014

The Lakes International Comic Art Festival 2014


On the 18th and 19th October MULP visited Kendal for The Lakes International Comic Arts Festival! As always I was accompanied by Matt Gibbs and sharing our table for this event was Sally Jane Thompson!
Along with MULP: Sceptre of the Sun #1, Knight and Dragon and the Jack and Moreau character prints, our table sported fantastic works by Sally including; Atomic Sheep, Now and Then and her newest book, Scars!


Matt, Dan (the man with the camera) and I arrived in Kendal a day ahead of the convention so were lucky enough to have a bit of time to explore. It was fantastic to see that the whole town had embraced the event, there were so many shop windows that sported a geeky makeover and children's artwork! There were events happening in several venues across the town, however Matt, sally and I were in the Clock Tower, and what a great venue it was.


As always, once the convention got started I settled into drawing, this time I themed my Mousey caricatures a bit closer to home and actually drew furry portraits of Matt, Dan and I. It seemed fitting that the Mouseketeers got a rodent makeover!

 
I had an absolutely fantastic weekend at the Lakes, there was so much going on and I'm so glad that I went along a day early as I got to check out these amazing views!




Along with the gorgeous scenery, my highlights of the weekend were catching up with friends I hadn't seen in ages and meeting those who I'd only been introduced to previously online! I'll look forward to seeing all of you again! 
Dan and I also got to hold some beautiful owls in the Elephant Yard!



And a very big thank you aught to go to the organisers and staff who looked after us all so well, providing us with water and fruit! You guys were awesome!

Next month on the 15th and 16th Matt and I will be at Thought Bubble in Leeds! Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment