Thursday 15 April 2021

Pet Portraits - Sabre the Rescue Headshot

 Hey Everyone!

Have the shops been busy where you are?

I've now had two shifts back in work and after yo-yoing in and out of furlough for the better part of a year, I expect I won't be the only one feeling strong social fatigue by the end of this week...
Don't get me wrong, it's been lovely to reconnect and catch up with my work colleagues and to feel some sense of normality and routine once more! But after 4 months with mostly just my partner and my dog to talk to, I feel like I've become a little more introverted. And now to go back to spending 8 hour days interacting with the general public in a retail environment... it's going to take some getting used to!

So if you are planning on squeezing in a bit of retail therapy, now that more businesses have re-opened, in this last week of the Easter Holidays, then I hope you do so safely and sensibly. And please be kind to us socially awkward retail workers, who've been talking to no-one but our pets for the last 4 months!

Anyway, from talking to our pets to a pet who looks like he's great at listening!
You might recognise the subject of today's post as the lovely Pointer-mix rescue dog, Sabre!
This portrait is the 4th and final in a series of Full Body type portraits and Headshot type portraits depicting Sabre and his American Bulldog sister, Winnie.
If you missed all the previous portraits you can view them in detail here:
Winnie Full Body
Sabre Full body
Winnie Headshot


This Headshot is the twin to Winnie's casual pic, so without further ado here is Sabre! Ready to listen to all your troubles!


The entire series of pet portraits featuring these two, have all been A4 in size and coloured traditionally using pencil colours.
A huge thank you to Rachel and Julia for commissioning this amazing little series, I have really enjoyed drawing these two beauties! And to Charlotte, Winnie and Sabre's hooman mum, who was gifted these portraits for her birthday. I have had so much fun getting to know these two pooches, thank you for sharing all the photos!

I'm gonna sign off now by sharing with your some photos I took of this series of portraits before they got sent off to their forever home!






No comments:

Post a Comment