Monday 12 April 2021

Pet Portraits - Ollie the Lurcher

 Morning you lot!

I hope you all had lovely weekends?
I managed to get down to see my family for an outdoor meet up and dog walk on Saturday! It's the first time that I've been able to see my parents and sister since September last year! It was really nice to be able to finally catch up with them on my last available weekend before I return to work.

That's right, non-essential retail and other businesses are able to re-open their doors to customers as of today, meaning this week I will be back in work for the first time since January!
I admit I'm a little nervous, when we re-opened after the first lockdown last year it was very difficult for the first month or so while customers, and staff alike, had to get used to the new regulations and measures for social distancing. I hope that this time round we'll know what to expect and show a little more kindness and patience towards one another...
Returning to work also means my availability for commissions will be affected slightly. It's going to be almost impossible to predict how busy the shop will be, so I'm allowing at least a 2-3 week turn around on portraits etc till things settle down. So if you're thinking of getting in touch for a commission as a birthday or anniversary gift to someone, then please please get your request in nice and early to ensure I'll be able to complete it in time!

I'd also like to just say another huge thank you to everyone who has commissioned me over the last 4 months, and throughout every period of lockdown we've had since this thing started! I genuinely really appreciate every single one of you for supporting me and my work through these difficult times. I certainly would not have been able to keep my head above water, mentally or financially, without all of your wonderful portrait requests.
So once again, thank you everyone!


Now, let me introduce you to the subject of today's post.
This lovely wire-haired boy is Ollie! He's officially a Merle Lurcher, however I'm told he's got a mix of Collie, Bedlington Terrier and Greyhound in him, which makes for quite the character!
Ollie loves nothing better than to explore the countryside with his human Heather, which I'm sure you can tell from his portrait!


Ollie's Full Body type portrait is A4 landscape, and done traditionally using pencil colour.

Would you like a portrait of your furry companion like Ollie's here? If so then just drop me an email or message. Though, please remember to get your requests in early for any specific occasions!

No comments:

Post a Comment