Saturday 6 February 2021

Pet Portraits - Holly the Chocolate Lab

Happy Saturday Everyone!
I hope you all have a fab weekend!?

I shall be spending mine busily scribbling away on yet more Pet Portraits! Business is really booming at the moment and I'm so so very thankful to everyone who has requested and enquired about commissioning me to draw your beloved pet! 
I have absolutely adored seeing everyone's furry friends, and to have the opportunity to make so many people happy by immortalising their pets in a portrait has been so lovely! And just what we all need right now, I think! 

So to spread that happiness further I'd like to share with you a portrait of a special girl that was sweet like Chocolate! 



This is a commemorative portrait of Holly the Lab, who sadly passed away last year. It's A4 in size and coloured traditionally with colouring pencils. 

If any of you have been following my work on social media lately, you might have seen that I've ventured into the realms of recording time lapse videos of my colouring process!
I have been asked a few times if I've ever thought to film my colouring process, so I thought I'd give it a go with this one. This is my first attempt at doing so, and there is plenty of room for improvement, so do please excuse any roughness!
I'd previously uploaded this video in two parts, however I have edited the whole thing together to upload to my blog. So, I hope you enjoy the process of how I coloured this commission from start to finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment