Wednesday 22 July 2020

Pet Portraits - UPDATE and even more Maisie

Hey there everyone!

Apologies it's been so long since my last post, returning to work and caring for a new puppy has been keeping me very busy indeed!

Lupin is now almost 14 weeks old and is growing rapidly. His training is coming along nicely, he's going out for daily walks and is good both on and off lead, and I think we've cracked overnight toileting too! *Touch wood!*

Here's a pic just because...


I hasten to add that my partner has been working from home and so is able to look after Lupin while I have been at work! On that note, work itself has presented it's own challenges and frustrations since returning. Retail can be difficult at the best of times but it's even more so right now, thankfully though we've had word that some of the staff still on furlough will be allowed to return soon!
We had been operating with only half the full team in order to reduce exposure amongst the staff, this in turn meant we were all putting in a lot of over-time to cover the hours! However with more staff available to work I will have more days off in the week allowing me the mental space away from the stresses of work to catch up on drawing comics and commissions!!


Speaking of which, there was one more commission I had wanted to share with you!
A recent favourite of this blog makes a return in today's post with yet another portrait in her memory.

Maisie the beloved Black Labrador had 3 unique portraits commissioned, one each for her family members to remember her by, this portrait is the last in that series. You can view the other two portraits here and here.
Without further ado, in memory of Maisie her final portrait...



Just like the others in the series, this portrait is A4 in size and coloured using pencil colours in traditional style. Here is a photo of all three portraits together


If you were looking to commission me for a portrait of your beloved pet pooch, just like these then please get in touch to discuss. As I explained at the beginning of this post I will hopefully be able to commit more time to commissions again very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment