Friday 14 February 2020

Troobs round-up / Child's Play Commission

Hey Everyone!

So when I last posted we were in the run up to True Believers Comic Festival!
That event has been and gone, but it certainly left a fab impression on my first time in attendance and kicked the convention season off with a bang! I had an absolute blast!

There was much well wishing and well deserved praise thrown around on social media in the wake of the convention but I just want to re-iterate what was said back then once more on the blog;
Shout outs to my table partners, Gavin Mitchell and Emily Owen with their comics from Happy Clam. And the great folks from Proud Lion Comics. You were the best company!
Check out Happy Clam's store here: 
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/WeAreHappyClam
and Proud Lion Comic's website here: 
https://www.proudlioncomics.com/

Huge props to Stuart Mulrain for putting on an excellent show! I'll definitely be making efforts to come back next year! You can keep up to date with news on the next True Believer's event, as well as learn more about Stuart's comics and podcasts over on the website: 
http://oktruebelievers.com/
And to everyone else who tabled, whether I got to catch up with you properly or not, it was great to be in the same room as so many talented and friendly folk! Big love to my ever growing comics family.

Lastly but not leastly, massive thank yous to everyone who stopped by my table on the day!
From those who just started their MULP adventure, to those picking up the next instalment. And the crazy wonderful people who splurged out and bought all 5 issues in one go! You are all awesome, I hope you all enjoy reading our mousey tale! 

Not to mention everyone who picked up some original art! It was my first time selling con sketches and you all made it SO worthwhile! You'll find a card with my deets in each envelope so hopefully you're reading this!

Now, on with the scheduled programming!

I've had a wide variety of commission requests recently, once of which I'm pleased to be able to share with you today!
This is another commissions inspired by the collection of Horror themed drawings I did for the Inktober drawing challenge last year, but Lara decided she wanted to see her favourite character from Horror depicted in the same style!

So I give you Chucky, from Child's Play!




This commission measures 20cm x 20cm squared and is coloured using Copic Markers and whiteout for highlights.

If you want to check out the my Inktober attempt that inspired this commission then hop on over to my Instagram feed: https://www.instagram.com/saradunkerton/?hl=en
Or my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/SaraDunkertonArt/

No comments:

Post a Comment